[SystemSafety] systemsafety Digest, Vol 44, Issue 32

GRAZEBROOK, Alvery N alvery.grazebrook at airbus.com
Wed Mar 30 17:15:04 CEST 2016

Hi Rod,

According to "Are We There Yet? 20 Years of Industrial Theorem Proving with SPARK"
http://proteancode.com/keynote.pdf
you (or your co-author Florian) have already done something similar. In section 2.6:
** The results are dramatic. On a modern (2013-era) quad-core machine, the
** entire SHOLIS software can be re-proven from scratch in about 11 minutes, with
** only 440 undischarged VCs (compare with weeks and 2200 undischarged VCs in
** the original project).

What this doesn't do is address the *real* time-consuming part, which is to assess how much more "software functionality" is produced with a given quantity of personal effort, or whether there is some improvement in quality standard achieved. (Using whatever means you can agree to measure an amount of "software functionality").

Cheers,
	Alvery