[SystemSafety] Making Standards available to Standards Committees

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat May 7 19:58:55 CEST 2016

Peter,

>> Why are you bothering the people on this list about a German problem
>> with German standards?
>
> There is no German problem with German standards. I thought I'd explained that .... yes, I did.

There is only a problem if you put up with bureaucratic capture
that is the norm of all standards' organizations.

The C++ committee simply puts their drafts on Github:
https://github.com/cplusplus/draft
The only public C standard source I am aware of:
http://www.coding-guidelines.com/c89.tgz

The C committee makes available a draft that is not
the ISO document:

And the Indians take the sensible approach and make many
standards available for free download:
https://law.resource.org/pub/in/bis/

I have zero sympathy for people who rant about the situation and
don't try to solve it.