[SystemSafety] Making Standards available to Standards Committees

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Tue May 10 14:47:27 CEST 2016

Les,

> Is anything afoot?

Do you mean is there any IEC 61508 committee member who is actually
interested in doing anything practical to get copies of the document
in the hands of developers?  Rather than attending meetings because
it looks good on their CV?

The ISO rules allow member countries to adopt ISO Standards as National
standards.  Once a document is a National standard the price is set by
the National body.  This is what India does and how it is legally
able to make pdfs freely available.

So if you want your copies of the IEC 61508 documents to have something
other than Indian Standards wording on the front cover, you need to find
somebody in another country willing to do the leg work.