[SystemSafety] The Intertwining of Safety and Security

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Mon Nov 7 12:24:09 CET 2016

A very hot topic nowadays. But I encounter a lot of people who think you can actually handle syste
safety and system security in IACS systems separately. I encounter others who think that ensuring
safety means you need to make sure your safety functions are not compromised.

Not so. Your safety functions may be perfect, remain uncompromised, and still be insufficient to
inhibit an unacceptable risk due to intruder activity. The argument is straightforward.

https://abnormaldistribution.org/index.php/2016/11/07/an-observation-on-the-intertwining-of-safety-and-security/

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon