[SystemSafety] The Intertwining of Safety and Security

paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 10:46:09 CET 2016

On 12/11/2016 at 5:52 AM, "Peter Bernard Ladkin"  wrote:If the
subsystem being replaced is not safety-related, then as far as I see
there is no requirement
for an impact analysis. If there is no requirement, then given the
usual business constraints it
will not be done.
I wonder how many times an arbitrary decision is made that no impact
analysis needs to be performed when really it should be done. I always

feel that no matter what the system, impact analysis should always be
done. At least to some level to be sure whether or not the system
really
does have an safety or security impact. This is needed nowadays more
than ever.

Regards
 Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET
 Systems Engineer
 Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET.....
 Forth based HIDECS Consultancy.............
 Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
 Tel: +44 (0)1392-426688