[SystemSafety] Australian System Safety Conference 2018, May 23 to 25, Melbourne

Martin, BJ bj.martin at novasystems.com
Wed Dec 6 06:28:55 CET 2017

Thanks Paul,
That's probably a fair cop. The text is cut & paste  from our colourful flier, which in Australia is largely targetted at infrastructure and government agency organisational management and a systems integration industry audience. That's who funds people's effort to write, present and attend.

What we're wanting to be talking about is integrating system safety better with system engineering and management decision making practices. So maybe I'd disagree with your statement below. We're also trying to get discussion focussed on the competencies necessary to be developed to fulfil the roles of SSE needed in our environment and with the technologies being introduced. Where and how could the professional community in Australia invest to develop them?

As you may know, Australia has not had an established competency framework exercised previously (unlike the UK), except in some companies and industry pockets. Meanwhile industry and govt has increasingly bandied the terms "safety assurance" about in recent years in job advertisements, with the terms mean very different things in different applications and the skill levels available in the market are quite diverse and un-measured.

We would certainly welcome someone of your  diverse experience to attend and contribute to improving this state.

Regards,
BJ Martin
Chairman - aSCSa