[SystemSafety] Safety Culture

Andy Ashworth andy at the-ashworths.org
Sun Dec 10 12:58:13 CET 2017

		Paul,
That aspect of safety culture addresses work place employee safety. The company I currently work for have a reasonably strong culture with respect to such safety; with respect to funcational system safety, however, their processes followed are totally different matter. If design engineers are not systematically considering functional safety during their work, I would suggest that a company does not have a good safety cultue. A strong safety culture to me is one where safety is considered during all stages of a system’s deployment is considered systematically, including ultimate third-party end-use, and not just focused on the employees of the design/construction organisation.
Andy

		Get Outlook for iOS