[SystemSafety] A Critical-System Assurance Manifesto

Les Chambers les at chambers.com.au
Wed Dec 13 20:05:15 CET 2017

Peter
Re: The theory also shows that adding adding some extra "padding" tests to
low probability demands reduces the sensitivity to profile change.

What does this mean?

It reminds me of the time, back in the day, when I was down in Texas looking at a massive distillation column, the like of which the world had not seen before. I asked one of the engineers, " how did you possibly conceive of the design of that thing. "
 He answered,"We eyeballed it!"

Les