[SystemSafety] help in Barcelona Spain

Les Chambers les at chambers.com.au
Tue Feb 14 22:19:53 CET 2017

Andy

Barcelona is a great choice for a holiday though five days is probably not
enough. I tried to do it in seven and ended up extending to 11. I documented
my visit here:

http://www.systemsengineeringblog.com/barcelona/

Be advised that in visiting Barcelona you are going to Catalunya not Spain.

Antoni Gaudí's Cathedral Sagrada Família was the highlight. It's the most
amazing piece of architecture I have ever seen.

The other thing I loved about Barcelona was the dancing in the streets as
you will see in my blog. The Catalonians love their land. They are
possessing of and possessed. It is in their poetry, songs and dances; around
every corner and in every town square, written in the simple steps passed
from one generation to the next, eternal and unconquerable. Their Catalan
dialect says a lot with little. A sixteenth century poet monk expressed it
with a simple quatrain:

L’Emigrant

Dolça Catalunya, (sweet Catalunya)

patria del meu cor, (homeland of my heart)

quan de tu s’allunya, (to be far from you)

d’enyorança es mor. (is to die of longing)

Jacint Verdaguer

RE: Safety

Barcelona is famous for its pickpockets. I was hit twice in one day (refer
my blog). Leave nothing in your pockets especially in well trodden tourist
areas. Don't leave anything dangling down that can be grabbed, for example
camera straps. These two incidents wouldn't stop me from going back though.
I love the place.

Cheers

Les