[SystemSafety] A question about ISO26262

David Ward david.ward at horiba-mira.com
Fri Feb 17 10:46:04 CET 2017

A couple of comments:

·        Just to clarify something on the OP’s comments, there is not a 2016 version of ISO 26262.  Edition 2 is due to be published in early 2018.  The DIS was released for comment and vote earlier this year and some parts did carry a 2016 date, but as a draft concepts, definitions, etc. are of course subject to change.

·        There are proposals in Edition 2 to include more information on “dependent failure initiators”, the intention is to give guidance on the types of failure modes that could cause loss of freedom from interference or loss of independence.  I believe the intention is this would cover situations where an element is operating normally but still causes an issue with another element (e.g. through a timing conflict).

Best regards

David