[SystemSafety] systemsafety Digest, Vol 55, Issue 12

Rod Chapman roderick.chapman at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:32:34 CET 2017

>However - if you wished to claim that your ?not SIL 4? software modules
could not interfere with your ?SIL 4? modules - I >would still be sceptical.

Your scepticism is understandable, but that is exactly what we claimed,
modulo your definition of "interfere" which might be different from what we
claimed. Nevertheless, it worked, and the system went into service. I could
explain at length all the elements of the non-interference argument, but I
suspect that this email list is not the place to do it.  Please take a look
at the paper from IEEE Tr on SE and feel free to ask questions.
 - Rod