[SystemSafety] Driver assist, diesel emissions and British law

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 10:59:31 CET 2017

In GB, the law (HSWA 1974 Section 3 (1) ) states: "It shall be the duty
of every employer to conduct his undertaking in such a way as to ensure,
so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons not in his employment
who may be affected thereby are not thereby exposed to risks to their
health or safety."                  [Section 2 covers employees].

To what extent is this relevant to discussions about driver assist
functions and diesel emissions? Discuss ...

Martyn