[SystemSafety] A Common Programming Language for the Department of Defense

Michael Jackson maj at jacksonma.myzen.co.uk
Wed May 10 13:13:10 CEST 2017

Steve:

Yes: the notion of ‘requirement’ is vague enough to embrace anything
a stakeholder wants—for example, constraints on the native language,
composition, remuneration, and location of the development team—
and this certainly includes constraints on every aspect of the technical
implementation at every level.

We propose only to identify the ‘properties, effects and consequences
of the system behaviour in the problem world' as a matter of crucial
interest deserving distinct attention and technique separately from the
technical implementation and deployment of the software.

Regards,

— Michael