[SystemSafety] A General Theory of Love

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Wed May 17 05:50:20 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-16 13:46 , Les Chambers wrote:
> ....Your descriptions are necessary but not sufficient.

"Necessary" and "sufficient" are unfortunately not unary predicates of descriptions, so I have no
idea what you mean.

> AI pioneer Stuart Russell is working on the concept.

I imagine Stuart would be amused to see himself described as a "pioneer". He's a decade younger than
I am. The AI pioneers are a quarter century older, and many are gone. McCarthy, Minsky, Newell,
Simon, Berliner. (For extra points, who is the odd one out and why?)

Mine was the first PhD thesis which Stuart signed (but he wasn't the first to sign. The first was
Ernie Adams, the pioneer of probabilistic logic).

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon