[SystemSafety] Save on the window cleaning

Chris Hills safetyyork at phaedsys.com
Thu May 25 16:35:54 CEST 2017

The advantages are that  if you have say 5 of these remote towers around the
country should anything happen to one another could take over.    Also
should anything happen to the physical tower at an airport it could still
operate.  Therefore if you have a remote tower for London City   (with
several sets of cameras/sensors )  it makes it a lot more difficult to
attack in a terrorist situation.  There would make sense for a remote tower
for  London City.   Makes it more difficult to attack.

Also as pointed out for other airports , for example in rural USA,  where
traffic is low  you could have a remote tower in  a major city.  In fact you
could have 2 or 3 remote tower suites  in one building  that service 4-10
airfields and you switch between the airfields  as needed.

For these scenarios it would mean you have a standard tower layout and
equipment fit for all towers then remote tower operators would be familiar
with the equipment and controls. Of course there will be a context switch to
a different (external) environment which may be harder to do..

Just some random thoughts.

Regards
   Chris

Phaedrus Systems Ltd
FREEphone 0808 1800 358    International +44 1827 259 546
Vat GB860621831  Co Reg #04120771
Http://www.phaedsys.com  chills at phaedsys.com