[SystemSafety] Worked-out Example

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Wed Oct 11 15:01:38 CEST 2017

> Here is my answer to one of the Exercises I distributed last week.
>
> I have the feeling that I could generate fifty examples like this.
>
> PBL

I wonder if life would be simpler if each generator had a local
controller and local control centre.

Probably needs still some external data flow for centralised
coordination/load balancing.
Could use non-duplicated  point-to-point links (no repeaters) with
encryption units at each end for these flows.

On the up-side:
Reduces risk of DOS and MITM attacks
Only lose 25% of generation if local controller fails

On the down-side
Design not redundant
- but could probably coordinate an unlinked generator manually if link
is lost
-  or order local centre to shut down the unlinked generator
More expensive
- manning, control systems

> Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
> MoreInCommon
> Je suis Charlie
> Tel+msg +49 (0)521 880 7319  www.rvs-bi.de

Peter Bishop
Chief Scientist
Adelard LLP
24 Waterside, 44-48 Wharf Rd, London N1 7UX
http://www.adelard.com
Recep:  +44-(0)20-7832 5850
Direct: +44-(0)20-7832 5855

Registered office: Stourside Place, Station Road, Ashford, Kent TN12 1PP
Registered in England & Wales no. OC 304551. VAT no. 454 489808

This e-mail, and any attachments, is confidential and for the use of
the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please
telephone 020 7832 5850. We do not accept legal responsibility for
this e-mail or any viruses.