[SystemSafety] Use of Formal Methods

Michael J. Pont M.Pont at SafeTTy.net
Wed Oct 25 11:03:40 CEST 2017

Dear Mario,

I'm involved in the development of various safety-related control systems (including industrial control systems).

In the majority of cases, the organisations that I work with don't employ formal methods (and I don't use such methods myself).

I'm assuming that my views will not be of value in your survey, but I'd be interested to see the results if it is possible for you to release them.

All the best,

Michael.

Michael J. Pont, PhD
SafeTTy Systems Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: systemsafety [mailto:systemsafety-bounces at lists.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de] On Behalf Of Mario Gleirscher
Sent: 25 October 2017 09:05
To: systemsafety at lists.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Subject: [SystemSafety] Use of Formal Methods

Dear all,

Peter allowed me to share the following link:

https://goo.gl/forms/FnKNQtTmI3A6BekM2

It will direct you to a 10min questionnaire part of an ongoing longer-term study on the state of use and adoption of formal methods in safety-critical domains, particularly, in industrial systems practice.

Any hints on the further dissemination of this questionnaire are highly welcome. Thank you for your time and support of an important subject.

Best wishes,
Mario

--
Dr. Mario Gleirscher
Visiting Researcher . +44 (0)1904 325442 . CSE/013-6 High Integrity Systems Engineering . http://gleirscher.de Department of Computer Science . University of York Deramore Lane, Heslington, York YO10 5GH, United Kingdom