[SystemSafety] Use of Formal Methods

Gergely Buday gbuday at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 15:18:10 CEST 2017

Well, this narrows the survey to those who are using formal methods in a
real-world setting. Me, being an academic proponent of FMs cannot take part
in this. And industrial people will not praise a method over its real value.

- Gergely

2017. okt. 25. du. 3:05 ezt írta ("Derek M Jones" <derek at knosof.co.uk>):

Michael,

I'm assuming that my views will not be of value in your survey, but I'd be
> interested to see the results if it is possible for you to release them.

Formal methods proponents like guarantees answers.

Creating a survey that cannot be completed by anybody who does not
use formal methods is a technique for removing pesky outliers
from the measurements, which 'improves' the quality of the results.