[SystemSafety] Use of Formal Methods

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 15:49:41 CEST 2017

David,

> Gergely, I suggest you ignore Derek's comment, he is well-known for his
> anti-FM views. I've looked at the survey and the questions make explicit

Perhaps we should run a survey.  Am I more well known for being anti-FM
or for having grounded views based on rational analysis of the evidence?

> provision for those who use FMs in research, and even for those who have
> only studied FMs.

But there is no way for those who don't use formal methods to complete
the survey.  Yes, there are tick boxes for this response for the first
two questions, but it is necessary to answer all questions before
proceeding to the next page.