[SystemSafety] Use of Formal Methods

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 21:10:52 CEST 2017

Mario,

> Apart from that, our intention is not to promote formal methods but to
> find out about current and intended use of FMs AND intentions NOT to use
> FMs of any kind for meaningful reasons. We think it is important to
> confirm known limitations of FMs, to find out more about unknown
> limitations of FMs but also about unkown potentials! And it is important

This all sounds worthwhile.

Getting survey question right is very hard.

Perhaps the most important question you might ask is, what does
a person/group have to be doing to be using formal methods?

The idea of what formal methods is has changed over the years.
http://shape-of-code.coding-guidelines.com/2016/08/29/does-using-formal-methods-mean-anything/