[SystemSafety] Looking for information about safety-critical software faults in road vehicles

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 11:10:38 CEST 2018

Other than the "uncommanded acceleration" reports and the remote control
of vehicles by researchers, can anyone give me details of
safety-critical software faults discovered in road vehicle software?

I well understand that manufacturers may have corrected such faults (or
not) without a recall or publicity and that details may be very
sensitive. I will give strong assurances of confidentiality - I'm just
trying to understand the scale of known issues.

Martyn