[SystemSafety] Looking for information about safety-critical software faults in road vehicles

Smith, Brian E. (ARC-TH) brian.e.smith at nasa.gov
Sat Aug 11 20:06:48 CEST 2018

Here are a few useful links.  They don’t address specific fault mechanisms but rather some of the outcomes.  The second I triple E article catalogs situations that were difficult for the automation to handle.  Does this help?

https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/01/california-dmv-disengagement-report-reveals-self-driving-improvements/

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8232590/

https://spectrum.ieee.org/cars-that-think/transportation/self-driving/the-2578-problems-with-self-driving-cars

https://www.wired.com/story/tesla-autopilot-safety-statistics/