[SystemSafety] Looking for information about safety-critical software faults in road vehicles

Andrew Banks andrew at andrewbanks.com
Mon Aug 20 19:20:01 CEST 2018

I'm not sure how many publically available responses this will generate...

I am aware (as a developer at and/or a consultant to, several companies) a number of issues that were caught late but fixed without fanfare - but I'm not at liberty to discuss in depth.

Particular areas that have come up repeatedly are to do with battery management (eg triggering thermal runaway) and motor control, both in electric/hybrid vehicles.