[SystemSafety] Safety Culture redux

Steve Tockey Steve.Tockey at construx.com
Sat Feb 24 08:18:30 CET 2018

Chris,
To make you more aware, it hasn’t been just “small like-minded groups”. I
teach a number of software engineering classes for Construx
(www.construx.com). I usually teach about 30-40 classes each year, and
classes average about 20 attendees. So that’s essentially a minimum of
around 600 people per year. While I don’t publish a monthly blog, I do
publish the occasional magazine article. Again, I avoid using the term
“bug” wherever possible and only use “defect”. See, for example,
“Insanity, Hiring, and the Software Industry” in the November, 2015 issue
of IEEE Computer.

― steve