[SystemSafety] MC/DC coverage assumptions

Dewi Daniels dewi.daniels at software-safety.com
Wed Feb 28 17:10:55 CET 2018

Derek,

I don't think that's what Ian is saying at all. There are structural
coverage tools that measure MC/DC as an optional extra step. Some of those
tools only consider decisions with multiple conditions in their separate
MC/DC analysis, as decisions with single conditions will have already been
addressed by the decision coverage analysis, so there's nothing more to
analyse. As Ian wrote, it would be wrong to claim MC/DC for the single
condition decisions just because they weren't included in the separate
MC/DC analysis. You'd also have to look at the output of the decision
coverage analysis. It sounds as if the authors of the paper didn't know how
to drive the tool they were using.

Yours,

Dewi Daniels | Director | Software Safety Limited

Telephone +44 7968 837742 | Email d <ddaniels at verocel.com>
ewi.daniels at software-safety.com

Software Safety Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Company number: 9390590. Registered office: Fairfield, 30F Bratton Road,
West Ashton, Trowbridge, United Kingdom BA14 6AZ