[SystemSafety] Safety Culture redux

Les Chambers les at chambers.com.au
Wed Feb 28 22:33:23 CET 2018

Hiam
Yours was a great example of wrapping an idea around an emotional charge. The subtext is the blind faith placed in our software in the dark. Please accept my following programmers lament .

Imagine a pilot flying a Helicopter at night in ZERO visibility and is fully depending on instrument flight displays.
I cannot show a mistaken 1000 meters altitude instead of 10 meters (TWO additional ZEROS), because he flies at 10 meters height
among Electricity Poles, and is not aware of this dangerous situation.

A broken wing rocks on the sand
Beside a far off sea
In pitch black faith was placed in men
Christ, one of them was me