[SystemSafety] A Fire Code for Software?

David Crocker dcrocker at eschertech.com
Fri Mar 9 21:39:02 CET 2018

Steve,

Of course I can't generalise my observations to all investment banking
houses. However, there is quite a lot of mobility of staff between IBs
in the London area; so I doubt that the other IBs paid significantly
less than the one I worked at. The fact that the IBs were located mostly
in London and the safety-critical systems development companies mostly
outside London (but often within commuting distance) will have skewed
the salaries a little.

But the the software developers that I worked with in investment banking
were far more productive (in terms of producing tested and working code)
than I have come across anywhere else.

Regards

David Crocker, Escher Technologies Ltd.
http://www.eschertech.com
Tel. +44 (0)20 8144 3265 or +44 (0)7977 211486