[SystemSafety] A Fire Code for Software?

Ferrell, Uma D. uferrell at mitre.org
Mon Mar 19 17:14:21 CET 2018

I do agree that different sectors are maturing at different rates and the reason may not be always cultural.  There are other stress factors such as increased complexity, global competition (to be first to market), pressure from stockholders, global teams working with different goals etc.  I still think that the software industry in general is behind because of the nature of the product not as obvious as a tactical product, and some isolation in some industry between the context of the software and the software itself. As always, some  are more mature than others.