[SystemSafety] Autonomously Driven Car Kills Pedestrian

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Wed Mar 21 19:10:06 CET 2018

On 20/03/2018 12:01, C. Michael Holloway wrote:
> There are a bunch of ridiculous
> claims being made by the self-driving car zealots, which are
> unfortunately being accepted by the US Congress. The most egregious is
> the assertions about the number of lives that can saved. That's not a
> reason it is an excuse. If saving lives was the motivation, there are
> far simpler ways to accomplish it.

Although we only have a sample of one (or maybe two if you include
Tesla) it would be interesting to see how self drive compares with
manual in terms of deaths per mile travelled at the present time.

--

Peter Bishop
Chief Scientist

Registered office: Stourside Place, Station Road, Ashford, Kent TN12 1PP
Registered in England & Wales no. OC 304551. VAT no. 454 489808

This e-mail, and any attachments, is confidential and for the use of
the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please
telephone 020 7832 5850. We do not accept legal responsibility for
this e-mail or any viruses.