[SystemSafety] Recent over-the-air update improved the car’s braking

Robert P. Schaefer rps at mit.edu
Thu May 31 14:27:45 CEST 2018

>From a long time fan of Car and Driver magazine: every improvement in performace in specific has a consequence of the car as a system  in context.
For example increasing horsepower may reduce the lifespan of the motor or increase likelyhood of breaking the transmission.
In this case, improving brake performance has an effect on wear of pad, rotors and heating of brake fluid.

How many hard braking events over what period of time before the pads wear out, the rotors warp, or the brake fluid overheats?