[SystemSafety] Recent over-the-air update improved the car’s braking

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Thu May 31 18:00:42 CEST 2018

Bev

I'm an enthusiast for testing.

I'm an even greater enthusiast for drawing valid conclusions from
passing the tests and for taking the appropriate action if tests fail.

I believe that it is easier to draw valid conclusions if you have
decided and documented what you are trying to prove or disprove by your
testing (aka the scientific method) and if you can show that the design
of your tests is able to deliver that.

Without this, passing a set of tests tells you very little and may
engender ill-founded confidence, whereas failing some tests tells you
that you screwed up somewhere earlier in your development and that you
had better figure out where and why so you can reduce the risk of it
happening again.

Martyn