[SystemSafety] Collected stopgap measures

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Sat Nov 3 22:42:18 CET 2018

On 03/11/2018 18:41, Paul Sherwood wrote:
>> On 2018-11-03 18:39, Martyn Thomas wrote:
>> Irony doesn't survive well on theInternet ...
>>

>> On 03/11/2018 08:44, Paul Sherwood wrote:
>>> However it's not obvious why you've stated this in reply to my comment
>
> I wasn't intending any irony, and nor was Olwen afaict, given her reply.

For the avoidance of doubt, I was intending sarcasm.

As for your quibble about what "critical" means, I mean systems *for
which evidence has to be produced**to support claims of specified
dependability*. If you know a way of doing that without documented
requirements and designs, you're obviously a universal genius ...

... and heaven forfend that anyone make the contrapositive inference.

Olwen