[SystemSafety] Collected stopgap measures

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Sun Nov 4 14:58:15 CET 2018

On 03/11/2018 23:11, Paul Sherwood wrote:

<snip>

 >>> Certainly your reply comes across as ad-hominem, to me, with no wit
at all.

Try "ad homunculum".

<snip>

 >>> From my POV I'm just doing my best.

If, on a list devoted to safety critical systems, your best is to
suggest that we need neither documented requirements nor documented
designs, then you may have to acquiesce in having some people think that
your best is a long way short of good enough.

<snip>

>> ... and heaven forfend that anyone make the contrapositive inference.
>
> I'm not going to bother attempting to parse that.

.... engineers and language again ... and if you think this is trolling,
let me point out that, just as there is a distinction between irony and
sarcasm, so also is there a distinction between trolling and sublimated
ennui.

I reserve the right to express irritation at being confronted by patent
incompetence on a list like this.

Olwen