[SystemSafety] Critical systems Linux

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Wed Nov 21 19:35:05 CET 2018

On both occasions when I've seen SCADE proposed for critical system
developments, there has been no convincing economic nor technical
justification for using it. It's fine for systems of the scale that you
put in aircraft but I've seen several bare-metal software engineers
seduced by the TuV certification only to point out the them that a chain
of simpler, cheaper tools could do the job just as well.

Alas the silver bullet mentality is ever present among certain kinds of
systems engineers.

Olwen