[SystemSafety] proofs

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 17:48:13 CET 2018

On 22/11/2018 14:48, Olwen Morgan wrote:

> Actually, after having sent this, it occurred to me that blockchain
> technology might allow arbitrary proof-checkers to check putative
> proofs on a double-blind anonymity basis. Perhaps this could address
> IPR/confidentiality issues for the proof developer?
>
> Just a thought.

I don't see the benefit of blockchain in this application, nor the need
to be double blind. Wouldn't it be better to put the proofs somewhere
public and have proofcheckers attach signed certificates saying they had
checked and verified the proofs?

But the problem remains that it will be necessary to show that the logic
that the proofcheckers analyse is a correct representation of the
software and of the claims being made about the properties of that
software when it runs in the target environment. How would that best be
achieved?

Martyn