[SystemSafety] Bounded rationality or ignorance?

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Fri Oct 12 17:39:12 CEST 2018

<snip>

 >>>I also don't agree with your view on economists. The ones I read I
mostly find astute (another way of saying that
 >>> might be that I am not that good an economist myself, but just good
enough to recognise one). They can tell you
 >>> what the phenomena are; but they mostly can't tell you when they
are going to manifest.

<snip>

Ask yourself to what degree economists' models produce reproducible, or
even repeatable results. The better of them
have some understanding of the theory of measurement but I've not yet
seen one who shows any sign of understanding
metrology. If you don't have sound practices of measurement, you don't
have a science.

Olwen