[SystemSafety] Bounded rationality or ignorance?

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Tue Oct 16 05:43:24 CEST 2018

On 2018-10-16 01:51 , Les Chambers wrote:

> Framing effects/prospect theory.  ....
> Example: "Sure, we will deliver on time if we stop testing ... But if we kill someone through system failure your career is over! You'll lose your company car. You won't be able to feed your family. You'll spend the rest of your life on the unemployment queue, in misery and regret. "
> https://thedecisionlab.com/bias/framing-effect/

That is nowhere near an example of the phenomenon addressed by prospect theory. Wikipedia has some
examples but unfortunately they seem to be cloaked in overweaning mathematical symbolism and I don't
find them as persuasive as the Kahnemann/Tversky experiments.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon