[SystemSafety] A small taste of what we're up against

Coq, Thierry Thierry.Coq at dnvgl.com
Thu Oct 25 12:03:59 CEST 2018

>>Can anyone give me a real-world example of an injury or death that can be directly linked to the use of C or C++ in an automotive system?

See:
https://users.ece.cmu.edu/~koopman/pubs/koopman14_toyota_ua_slides.pdf
... unchecked critical variables, stack overflow, memory corruption, task deaths, etc....
for example.
One can argue that C is not direct culprit, the direct culprit is a lack of safety culture.  One wonders if there is a correlation between using unsafe tools and an unsafe culture...

Best regards,
Thierrry

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual property rights for the exclusive attention of the intended addressees named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and its attachments. Unauthorized use, copying or further full or partial distribution of this e-mail or its contents is prohibited.