[SystemSafety] My last gripe for a while - HMI skills for critical systems

Olwen Morgan olwen.morgan at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 18 17:25:01 CEST 2018

The following is an examination for HMI engineers working on critical
systems:

Question 1: Translate into English the German word "Gestalt".

Time allowed: 10 minutes.

I claim that ignorance of the cognitive processes of Gestaltung lies
behind almost all examples of poor HMI design. A useful reference is:
Johnson, J., Designing with the Mind in Mind: A Simple Guide to
Understanding User Interface Design Guidelines, Morgan Kaufmann, 2ed.
February 2014, ISBN-10: 0124079148, ISBN-13: 978-0124079144

Olwen

  *

  *