[SystemSafety] Empirical software engineering book

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sun Dec 29 22:34:12 CET 2019

All,

An updated draft pdf of the reliability chapter (plus reworked earlier
chapters) is now out on public release:
http://www.knosof.co.uk/ESEUR/

The title is now "Evidence-based", rather than Empirical.
I was constantly having to explain what 'empirical' was, to people
in industry and academia (who were not involved in this area of
research).  Now I have to explain what evidence-based means; perhaps
I should call it non-crystal ball gazing software engineering.

Some discussion about the chapter here:
http://shape-of-code.coding-guidelines.com/2019/12/29/reliability-chapter-of-evidence-based-software-engineering-updated/