[SystemSafety] Gentle reminder: AMASS Open Industrial Workshop

Jose Luis de la Vara jvara at inf.uc3m.es
Tue Feb 19 15:31:29 CET 2019

(Apologies for multiple postings)

Dear colleague,

AMASS ( <https://www.amass-ecsel.eu/> https://www.amass-ecsel.eu/) is a
large-scale industry-academia R&D project that has created and consolidated
the de-facto European-wide open tool platform, ecosystem, and
self-sustainable community for assurance and certification of
safety-critical systems ( <https://www.polarsys.org/opencert/>
https://www.polarsys.org/opencert/). The ultimate goal of AMASS is to lower
certification costs in face of rapidly changing features and market needs.
This has been achieved by establishing a novel holistic and reuse-oriented
approach for architecture-driven assurance (fully compatible with standards
such as SysML), for multi-concern assurance (for co-analysis and
co-assurance of e.g. security and safety aspects), and for seamless
interoperability between assurance and engineering activities along with
third-party activities (e.g. external assessments and supplier assurance).

We would like to kindly invite you to attend the AMASS Open Industrial
Workshop, which will be held on March 28th, 2019, from 8:30 to 12:30, in
Florence, Italy. The event is co-located with the DATE 2019 conference
(Design, Automation and Test in Europe;  <https://www.date-conference.com/>
https://www.date-conference.com/), which you might interested in attending
as well.

The workshop is targeted at both practitioners and researchers aiming to
gain awareness of the latest advances on cost-effective assurance and
certification of safety-critical systems, and of how the corresponding
solutions work. We will present practical aspects and concrete application
examples of the main AMASS results in two main sessions: Introduction to the
AMASS concepts and methodology, and Application of the AMASS approach,
including demos and hands-on activities. More information can be found at
<http://www.amass-ecsel.eu/content/amass-open-industrial-workshop>
http://www.amass-ecsel.eu/content/amass-open-industrial-workshop

Attendance is free of charge. Nonetheless, we need you to register to keep
track of the attendees:  <https://goo.gl/forms/aPJYmedtd7xTG4Yi1>
https://goo.gl/forms/aPJYmedtd7xTG4Yi1. The early registration deadline is
March 1st, 2019. After this date, we cannot guarantee space for further
attendees. In addition, you need to register for the DATE conference to
enter the venue:  <https://www.date-conference.com/registration>
https://www.date-conference.com/registration. A registration as exhibition
visitor would be sufficient, which does not involve any costs.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. And feel free to
forward the invitation to other people that might be interested in the
workshop.

Best regards,

Jose Luis de la Vara

(on behalf of the whole AMASS consortium)