[SystemSafety] Insurance and cyber security

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 11:03:08 CET 2019

The risk of cyber attack is obvious and pervasive - it's like the threat
of bad weather - so it may be insurable*if you have taken all reasonable
precautions*. Such precautions should be propotionate to the risk: by
which I mean proportionate to the threaat *and* to the potential scale
of the loss. In my opinion, running Windows or most other commercial
software wouldn't pass that test (and leaving it unpatched certainly
wouldn't).

Martyn