[SystemSafety] IEC TR 63069

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 20:13:41 CET 2019

On 09/01/2019 14:50, Peter Bernard Ladkin quoted IEC TR63069 as saying:
> The security environment .... is understood as the overall collection of
> countermeasures required to ensure an efficiently protected environment for operations of the
> safety functions, however it is not limited to protect the safety functions only.

In my opinion, this defines the security environment as an environment
within which there can be no security vulnerabilities that could affect
safety. "Ensure" is a strong verb.

That's great, and I expect we all want one, but it is of no help in
helping anyone to build one, or to prove that they had got one. I could
define a "magic money tree", but ...

.... and what does the word "efficiently" add to the definition?

Martyn