[SystemSafety] C++ and Pointers

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 15:11:32 CEST 2019

Peter,

>> Tools using late 90's algorithms are going to be slow.
>
> Interesting time-warp you're in!
>
> Astree's analytical technique for code which uses pointers to implement state machines, based on
> abstract interpretation, is going to be published in SAFECOMP 2019 in two months time.

This is known as marketing.

I was at a MISRA conference where the speaker claimed that Astree
detected 100% of the MISRA C rules.  I asked the speaker how an abstract
interpreter detected compile time checks in source code, he replied
that they detected 100% of the rules that could be detected at runtime
(about 4% of the rules at the time).