[SystemSafety] C++ and Pointers

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Thu Jun 6 14:37:13 CEST 2019

Peter,

>>> critical-system development in which well over 90% of the discovered vulnerabilities can be put down
>>> to lack of enhanced strong data typing?
>>
>> This sounds interesting.  Can you please cite the study that
>> found this.
> I can do better than that; I can tell you how to do it for yourself. Visit the CERT-ICS CVE database
> and count.

Last time I checked: https://ics-cert.us-cert.gov/advisories
they don't provide sufficiently detailed information to deduce
the typing information you are claiming.

I know of a couple of research papers which tried to reverse engineer
the actual code.  This was a lot of work.

Perhaps you could save everybody the trouble and provide the
list from your counting of these issues.

Or is this 90% a made up number?