[SystemSafety] B737M MCAS

Andy Ashworth andy at the-ashworths.org
Tue Mar 19 14:38:58 CET 2019

    	In summary, there was a failure in the engineering of the overall system rather than a failure within a specific component or discipline. Sadly, I have found North American engineering focuses heavily on individual components and specific engineering disciplines which means that there is little attention paid to the system level issues that all too often give rise to hazards / accidents.
Best regards
Andy Ashworth, P.Eng, C.Eng

    	Get Outlook for iOS

Hi Daniel,
On 2019-03-18 09:01, Daniel Kästner wrote:
> Quite interesting overview from Seattle Times:
> https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/failed-certification-faa-missed-safety-issues-in-the-737-max-system-implicated-in-the-lion-air-crash/

As I and colleagues continue to attempt to understand where software
really fits into the system safety domain, we came across this
analysis...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-17/best-analysis-what-really-happened-boeing-737-max-pilot-software-engineer