[SystemSafety] Thorough Test Suite?

Roderick Chapman rod at proteancode.com
Fri Nov 15 12:31:37 CET 2019

On 14/11/2019 17:11, Dewi Daniels wrote:
> I helped conduct the static analysis on C-130J when I was at Lloyd's
> Register. QinetiQ's analysis is flawed. Due to timescale pressures, we
> were asked to conduct the static analysis before the code had been
> tested, so I don't see that you can draw any conclusions about the
> efficacy (or otherwise) of the DO-178B verification process.

Dewi,

  When you say "before the code had been tested", do you mean _all_ the
code, or only the subsystems that L-R and you personally looked at? Were
those systems the Level-A and Level-B systems that German compared wrt
the efficacy of MC/DC structural coverage?

(Note: I also had a hand in this: a team from Praxis worked on the
Mission Computer development at L-M in late 1995, during the phase when
they adopted SPARK. I recall the experience fondly.)

  - Rod