[SystemSafety] Number Theorist Fears All Published Math Is Wrong

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 20:53:36 CET 2019

Gergely,

> what do you offer than as an alternative?

An alternative to what?

A research group could lay out plans for the verification of all
phases of a compiler.  Then for the work linked to they could
say, "Hey we have done this part, next we are going to do..."

I'm sure people would get behind a grand plan to verify everything
associated with a compiler.

Claiming to have verified a compiler, when in fact the work only
applies to parts of the code generator, is soap powder advertising.

There has been some work on a small part of the front end; not
so much soap powder advertising for this work (I guess too much
advertising would lead people to question previous claims).