[SystemSafety] AVs vs. driver aids ... some more WTF questions

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Tue Sep 3 17:12:13 CEST 2019

On 03/09/2019 14:31, Palin, Stuart (UK) wrote:

-<snip>-
> For your second case - transitioning the vehicle to engine-running would seem to align it with this state, and acts as a reminder that you have not turned off.  Seems to have a logic to it.

*>>> Forgotten from my original reply: This is not the behaviour that a
driver would expect from a car without this kind of software. My
much-missed old low-tech Skoda didn't do that. Why should driver-assist
software gratuitously introduce unfamiliar behaviour when it is not
necessary?*

*
*

*Olwen*