[SystemSafety] MISRA publishes Guidelines for Automotive Safety Arguments

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Fri Sep 27 17:46:19 CEST 2019

Martyn,

> I'm not a qualified lawyer but my reading of the criminal law law

Me neither.

> (specifically HSWA 1974) is that it requires that the risk must be
> reduced "so far as is reasonably practical" (SFAIRP) rather than just to
> industry norms. There will be different duty holders who have that duty

How does anybody figure out where "so far as is reasonably practical"
is?
  This is a very expensive and time consuming process.

Industry norms is something that might be more reasonable
(i.e., cheaply) measured.

I say might be measured, because a lot of the time it is not
measured.  It is more a case of people doing what they did last time.